What's On & Events
Spectacular Family Fun & Special Events at the Royal Gunpowder Mills
For superb days out in Essex, our heady host of spectacular events offers an exciting array of family fun and entertainment throughout 2014 at the Royal Gunpowder Mills’ Secret Island.
Open Every Weekend 5th April – 28 September 2014
Open Daily during School Holidays (excludes Christmas break).
Guy Fawkes Festival and Fireworks 8-9 November 2pm - 7pm each day
Keep up to date about our events by Signing Up for our Newsletter...
- Half Term Horrors: 15 - 23 February
- Explosive Easter: 5 - 21 April
- VE Celebration: Bank Holiday 3 4 5 May
- Heritage Steam Weekend: 17 - 18 May
- Spy Kids Half Term: 24 May - 1 June
- Wild West Weekend: Bank Holiday 24 25 26 May
- Railway Weekend: 5 - 6 July
- Art & Science Festival: Summer Holidays 23 July - 31 August
- Big Bang Weekend: Bank Holiday 23 24 25 August
- Fayre Times Festival: 20 - 21 September
- Spooky Secret Island: 25 October - 2 November
- Halloween Haunted Mills: 31 October (6.00 - 8.30pm)
- Guy Fawkes Festival & Fireworks: 8 - 9 November
Note: There may be loud bangs at some of our reenactment events.
Note: Children must be accompanied by an Adult or Guardian at all times.
Dogs: Only guide and assistance dogs will be allowed on the site. They must remain in harness during the visit.