Spectacular Family Fun & Special Events at the Royal Gunpowder Mills
What's On & Events
For superb days out in Essex, our heady host of spectacular events offers an exciting array of family fun and entertainment throughout 2015 at the Royal Gunpowder Mills.
We are now closed until 2016.
Open Every Sunday: 28 March – 20 September 2015
Open Daily during: School Holidays (excludes Christmas break)
Opening Times: 10am – 5pm (last ticket entry 3pm)
Guy Fawkes Festival and Fireworks: 7-8 November, 2pm - 7pm (last ticket entry 6.45pm)
- Half Term Horrors: 14 - 22 February
- Eggsplosive Easter: 28 March - 12 April
- VE Celebration: May Bank Holiday 2 - 4 May
- Heritage Steam Day: 17 May
- Spy Kids Half Term: 23 - 31 May
- Wild West Weekend: Bank Holiday 23 - 25 May
- Art & Science Adventures: Summer Holidays 23 July - 31 August
- Big Bang Weekend: Bank Holiday 29 - 31 August
- Fayre Times Festival: 19 - 20 September
- Spooky Secret Island: 24 October - 1 November
- Guy Fawkes Festival & Fireworks: 7 - 8 November
Royal Gunpowder Mills is a Learning Destination for the Children’s University and their Passport To Learning programme. Children can collect passport stamps for each of the following:
- A General visit to Royal Gunpowder Mills
- Science Show – Kaboom
- Science Show – Space Race
- Explosive Easter – 3rd & 4th April
- Explosive Easter – 5th & 6th April
- Spooky Secret Island (October half term)
- Guy Fawkes Weekend
Keep up to date about our events by Signing Up for our Newsletter...
Note: There may be loud bangs at some of our reenactment events.
Note: Children must be accompanied by an Adult or Guardian at all times.
Dogs: Only guide and assistance dogs will be allowed on the site. They must remain in harness during the visit.