What's On & Events
Spectacular Family Fun & Special Events at the Royal Gunpowder Mills
For superb days out in Essex, our heady host of spectacular events offers an exciting array of family fun and entertainment throughout 2014 at the Royal Gunpowder Mills’ Secret Island.
We are next open to the public during February Half Term: February 15 - 23, 2014
Open Every Weekend 5th April – 28 September 2014
Open Daily during School Holidays (excludes Christmas break).
Guy Fawkes Festival and Fireworks 8-9 November 2pm - 7pm each day
Keep up to date about our events by Signing Up for our Newsletter...
- Explosive Easter: 5 - 21 April
- Easter Good Friday and Saturday: 18 - 19 April
- Easter Sunday and Monday: 20 - 21 April
- VE Celebration: Bank Holiday 3 - 5 May
- Heritage Steam Weekend: 17 - 18 May
- Spy Kids Half Term: 24 May - 1 June
- Wild West Weekend: Bank Holiday 24 - 26 May
- Railway Weekend: 5 - 6 July
- Arts & Science Festival: Summer Holidays 19 July - 31 August
- Big Bang Weekend: Bank Holiday 23 - 25 August
- Fayre Times Festival: 20 - 21 September
- Spooky Secret Island: 25 October - 2 November
- Halloween Haunted Mills: 31 October (6.00 - 8.30pm)
- Guy Fawkes Festival & Fireworks: 8 - 9 November
Note: There may be loud bangs at some of our reenactment events.
Note: Children must be accompanied by an Adult or Guardian at all times.
Dogs: Only guide and assistance dogs will be allowed on the site. They must remain in harness during the visit.