Explosive Easter: 5 - 21 April
Explosive Easter Holiday Fun
Expect an exciting array of eggsplosive Easter fun at The Royal Gunpowder Mills which is open daily during the school holidays from 5th – 21st April, including the Easter weekend.
Professor Nitrate is back in his MadLab this Easter and is set to unveil even more ‘secret science’ experiments; new additions include his ‘Anti-Grav Machine’ and Ejector Seat Testing gizmo. The Professor is always on the look-out for willing volunteers to test his latest theories so visitors will need to be prepared for fun-filled and, occasionally, smoke-filled adventures.
Over Easter bank holiday weekend there is a bevy of children’s activities and amazing explosive arena events. Good Friday and Saturday will provide special Easter activities designed for younger children, with a traditional Easter Egg Hunt, crafts and face-painting and the chance to meet the Easter bunny ensuring a delightful day out.
On Easter Sunday and Monday get set for a spectacular arena event featuring live gunpowder and other pyrotechnic explosives in twice daily shows. In the MadLab Professor Nitrate has his own big bang theories and some seriously special eggsplosive-themed experiments, things could get messy!
On the Test Range participate in some fantastic fun and games and try your hand at launching air rockets and firing air soft rifles; for younger children try our new ride on buggies and carts to see if you can manoeuvre them around our obstacle course.
As well as rocket making and firing workshops, don't miss the Rocket Vault where you can see some of the rockets worked on when Royal Gunpowder Mills was a top secret government research facility.
Family Activities - Mad Lab
• Science Shows with Professor Nitrate in the Mad Lab: 11:40; 1:40; 3:40
• Indoor Nerf Range
• Hands on experiments – a selection of table top experiments: 10.30 – 11.30 & 2.30 – 3.30
• New for Easter 2014 – Have a go interactives – Gyroscopic Wheel, Tipping Point, Vortex Bottles, Spy Cameras, Anti-Gravity Machine, Thermochromic Materials and Structures
• New for Easter 2014 – Demonstration interactives – Air cannon and ejector seat
Family Activities - Test Range
• Airsoft Rifles
• Assault Course
• New for Easter 2014 – Crazy Contraptions – ride on bikes, trikes and carts
Family Activities - Saltpetre House
• Rocket Making and Launching
Other activities and exhibitions run as normal.
If you are interested in the history of gunpowder and explosives don’t forget to take a guided Land Train ride around the site.