Seasonal Events Assistant
We are looking for determined, passionate, enthusiastic people to join our seasonal team in 2018! If you are interested in the role below , please email a copy of your C.V and a supporting paragraph detailing why you feel you fit this role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title SEASONAL EVENTS ASSISTANT APPLICATION
Deadline : January 5th 2018
To work on a rota basis to deliver family activities at the Royal Gunpowder Mills. This role is offered on a zero hour’s basis.
We seek a friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic staff with a passion for working with people.
For the right candidate, the role offers a fantastic opportunity to develop experience and skills relevant to working with families, teaching and play leading, and visitor attractions. The role also provides support from time to time for other teams so widening exposure to visitor attractions and how they work.
Events & Marketing Coordinator & Team Administrator
- Delivery of children’s activities individually and as part of a team. Providing information and assistance to visitors, to ensure that everyone enjoys their visit.
- To be a ‘Birthday Party Leader’ on occasion – including escorting the party, delivering activities and serving the party’s food from the Gunpowder Café.
- To take responsibility for designated areas of work – including maintaining a clean and tidy environment and reporting any issues to the line manager.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with the company’s health and safety policy, and any other relevant policies.
- Undergoing any training which may be required.
- To undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time to support delivery of the whole event. This may include assisting in the café / ticket booth and desk work.
Skills and Experience required for the post:
This post would suit a proactive person who enjoys working with children and families in a fun and lively environment. When applying for this position please state any skills you have which you feel are applicable to the post, for example acting, face painting etc.
- Excellent customer service skills with an enthusiastic, friendly and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility in terms of work patterns.
- Literate and numerate.
- Ability to work with a wide a range of people.
- Due to the nature of the work applicants must be aged 17 or over.
- Formal training or practical experience in working with younger visitors.
- Experience of working in the leisure industry or a tourist attraction.
The Royal Gunpowder Mills has the right to amend the job description in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes in or to the job.